Monday, March 14, 2011

What will our Birthday be like in Heaven?

I can only Imagine - Mercy Me

I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side...
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine. I can only imagine.
Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine, when that day comes, when I find myself standing in the Son!
I can only imagine, when all I will do, is forever, forever worship You!
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

I posted this tonight because one of my friends from highschool, who passed away about a month after my mom, was able to celebrate her birthday in Heaven today. Her earthly father had passed before her, so I know that he was by her side today during the celebration she undoubtebly had in Heaven. Can you imagine what your birthday will be like in Heaven? My small mind can not even comprehend it. I just know that it will be a celebration to rival all others. However, I think that in heaven, your true birthday, will be the day that you died on earth. Because you were born a human, into sin and death, and because of our Saviour, Jesus Christ, you are in heaven celebrating your return to the heavenly father who created you.
I have thought about my mom's birthday this year with the realization that she will be celebrating in Heaven as well. Before we let her go that night in the hospital I told her to "go home to Granny, and Uncle Jack, Uncle Fred, and Aunt Caroline, but mostly to go home to your Father" When I was telling her this, I know she could hear me. I told her not to worry about leaving me, because I would be fine. Now as I imagine her birthday celebration in July I am so thankful that she will be surrounded by family and friends and most of all God himself. Who knows, maybe you even get gifts in Heaven, glorious gifts made of things that we still do not know we have here on Earth. I imagine the cakes to be made of the finest sugar and cream, wich the most delicious honey running through the icing. For my mom, I hope that the Angels give her chocolate, because above any other food, she would eat chocolate.
There is so much to look forward to in eternity. Reconnection with loved ones lost is the thing that I look forward to the most. I want to give my mother that last hug that I should have given her. I want to stand and hold my Granny's hand and tell her about my children and how much she would have loved them. I want to meet my grandfather, my mother's father, who died when mom was only 9 months old. I want to touch his face and place my hand in his, because I have heard that he was gentle and kind. I also want to meet my dad's father, Joseph Tucker and tell him what a wonderful father his son had been to me. And to run into my Granny Tucker's arms and tell her thank you for teaching me how to crotchette and for giving me Dr. Peppers everytime I came to her house. I lost her with I was only 6 and have vague memories of her, but in each one I sense a feeling of warmth, along with gentleness, shrouded in a straightbacked, elegant southern bell with delicate hands and an intricately woven bun.
These peopel will be there to greet me one day when my time comes and I am excited for that day. I am in no hurry, mind you. But when it comes, I will be ready to kiss the feet of my saviour and tell him Thank you a million times for giving me grace to fall on my knees and know that his love for me will remain no matter how bad I have been or how far I have fallen. This my friends, is what we live for on Earth. OUr day of recogning, when we recognize the person who has cradled us in His hands since the day we were born.
Hold on tight, this will be a bumpy road until we reach the end. But when our journey is over, it is only then, that our lives will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment